New Residential Connections
- Check to see if natural gas is available at your property by our pipeline locator.
- Research appliances you want to connect and get a quote to have them installed by your licensed gas fitter.
- Complete and submit an application with Tas Gas Retail.
- Tas Gas Retail will contact you to confirm receipt of your application.
- Speak with a gas fitter to understand what your costs for installation are and appliance usage details.
- A representative from EVN will call you to arrange a site inspection. At the inspection a meter location diagram will be left in your letterbox.
- Following site inspection, an EVN representative will contact you to arrange a convenient time for the meter installation.
- Once the meter has been installed, your licensed gasfitter can connect the meter. A minimum of 48 hours prior to connecting the meter, the gasfitter should advise Tas Gas Retail so that unlocking the meter can be scheduled to occur when the appliance installation is completed.
If, unfortunately your home does not appear to front the natural gas pipeline, then please submit your expression of interest (EOI). You can find an EOI form here, Residential and Commercial.
EVN registers and evaluates all EOIs based on the distance from the pipeline, density of the street and how many others have expressed an interest in the area.
In all instances, EVN will let you know the outcomes of its evaluation.
To reconnect your property to all the benefits of natural gas, please follow these easy steps:
- Complete and submit an application with Tas Gas Retail, application form available here.
- Tas Gas Retail will contact you to confirm receipt.
- A representative of EVN will unlock your meter. EVN endeavours for all reconnections to occur within 1 business day.
EVN has a dedicated commercial team that is committed to working individually with each business.
Our commercial team will work closely with you, to assist you through the sign up and connections process and can discuss your energy options to ensure that a new natural gas connection is the best business decision for you.
If you would like to speak with a member of our team, please contact us here.
New Subdivisions and Developments
If you are planning a new residential subdivision or commercial development, we’d love to hear from you.
EVN distribution pipes may also be in a shared trench with electricity, water and telecommunications. EVN is happy to work in with you to reduce development costs by collocating its distribution pipe in a shared trench.
Please contact us here and a representative from our commercial team will be in touch.